Sunday, May 26, 2013

Just What is Time Worth ?

Ministry demands the answer to this question. Scripture tells us to give freely what we have been freely given. So how is it that we "expect" monetary gain for sharing what we've been given freely?

Every so often, through the years of ministry, I've been advised to collect donations. I've actually received advice regarding a donation button for my site. That may or may not increase my checking account, but it would certainly eliminate nearly half my articles and blogs, not to mention obliterate a key part of this ministry of nearly 20 years, in which I've never solicited or asked for a single donation. I literally, ran a ministry and fed neighborhood children through the era of the "prosperity teaching," without even taking up an offering. That's not to say, donations and offerings weren't given, because they were, and still are; but I never asked people. YHWH knew what I needed and He would just lead folks to give, and they did. David mentioned in the 37th Psalm that he had never seen the descendants of the righteous begging . . . I am a child of the King, so it would make absolutely no sense for me to start begging now. So, with that, I thought, the only place a donation button would be appropriate is to "REPLACE" the Kingdom Economy link.

I've been told and of course we've all heard that a minister's time is worth something. It absolutely is, and I know the passages about not muzzling the ox while he's treading grain, and pressed down and shaken . . . There were specific Torah commands regarding the provision for the Levites, but I can't imagine working anywhere and expecting my fellow workers to all pitch in for my paycheck. YHWH does provide for His servants.

We, as a society, have gotten so far from what time really is and what anything is actually worth. If my time is spent for my Father's business, it can't be measured in dollars and cents. If my time isn't spent for Him, then all the dollars and cents won't make any difference. Whether we serve YHWH or do not serve Him, we're leaving this world without a dime in our pocket! Actually, we'll be leaving this world without pockets . . . We cannot take anything with us. All we can do is leave something in this world. We can leave it for the better or the worse, but it's not about setting a dollar value on our time, but rather "spending our time" in a way that has everlasting value.

I am blessed with wonderful well water, I don't have to drive to work, everything on my table is organic, and I am privileged to publish Y'hshuwah around the world. I don't even want to imagine the downgrade in my lifestyle if I started equating time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment