Sunday, October 13, 2013

Come on Out

For anyone who is still wondering and following any of the new and improved teachings of the "Prosperity Gospel," I have a word for you . . .

Unless you are the speaker who will receive the proceeds in the collection plate, it doesn't work.  That is not to say, YHWH doesn't bless His servants, I'm talking to and about the people who are following the men speaking to itching ears, rather than following Y'hshuwah.

Sometimes through the week, as I ponder an article for this particular section of the Goshen Gazette, I wonder if I sound like I'm beating a dead horse or just being unnecessarily negative, but then I am shown another example of the need to shout the warning and proclaim the alternative.  Our society now has things so backward, "alternative" is actually the original plan.  All the way back to Abraham, the trading was in livestock and gifts, not money.  The one time "money" is referenced in the account of Abraham, it was actually silver in exchange for land, burial land to be specific.  There's  no indication that Noah made any purchases in building the ark, and clearly money was a non-issue immediately following the flood.

As I watch our society go cashless, while so many become more dependent, I'm troubled.  I've been told in no uncertain terms by believers that I just don't see the situation for what it is regarding government assistance.  Oh, but I do see it!  There is a slippery slope as we combine "G-d and country" that our Creator never ordained.  "Country" is exalting itself to be the provider, when YHWH has already stated He provides.  While cashless is a very short distance from cards to chips to  . . .

I pray all of us get a real glimpse of His plan regarding the talents He placed in each of us, that we might truly enjoy the work of our hands and the product of our labor.

There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of G-d.   Ecclesiastes of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment