Sunday, October 27, 2013

Preparing Isn't Hoarding

In my time of making preparations and listening to the admonition of those who are "trusting the Lord" I have been torn at times.  It is easy in our society to get carried away with simple sustainability and start "needing bigger barns."  I'm thankful when I get side tracked in that direction, that is exactly the Scripture passage I hear.

Y'hshuwah certainly set the example of how the Kingdom Economy actually works.  We are given increase to share.  There are three things I've been instructed to reserve a supply, beyond my business inventory, and gardening.  Those three are of course to not waste garden produce, but I've been instructed to store coats, and sheets.  I can and freeze every summer until frost wipes out the garden, and this year I'm attempting to maintain fresh produce through the winter, although so far, it doesn't look like an easy or promising task.  Could be, "to everything there is a season' applies to the absence of fresh produce in winter, at least for me in my location at this time.  I'll keep you posted on that one.

The other two items have come into reality in interesting ways.  For whatever reason, my family who is farther north has continuously offered coats "nobody can wear."  It seems my Mom always brings them in the summer when the thrift stores prefer to not take those items for donation.  Thrift stores only have so much storage space and often they are just inundated with old clothes that really should have been relegated to rag bags.  So, as the coats have been offered in July and August, they have been stored to be given away when the winter need arises.  So far that has worked in an amazing way!  The needs actually "present themselves" and some are kept in reserve based upon the words of Messiah that we should pray the fleeing not be in winter.  Since our society seems "hell bent" to do things in opposition to the Word of YHWH, I feel the ensuing calamities may leave some folks fleeing who just may need coats when they arrive.

Sheets, on the other hand are stored for a future time.  It's specific, for bedding, curtains, and sewing.  Sheets serve so many useful purposes.  They may not be the print or result in the style of choice, but they can certainly keep the draft down . . .

I just keep seeing, over and over, in headlines, in dreams and visions, that the true "currency" in the last days is going to be basic supplies, food, soap, and clothing.  We don't need to hoard, we just need to have enough to share [sow] that YHWH can give the increase.  It will be so interesting when we do "community up" to see what others have been instructed and gifted to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment