Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Different Currency

Considering the fact that the American economy has absolutely no foundation, whatsoever, and our currency has no standard, perhaps it's time to seriously reconsider the meaning of "prosperity!"   Please understand, I'm not putting down our economic system, that's already been done.  We can't just blame the politicians, or the bankers, or even the greedy preachers.  Well, I guess we can, but that doesn't solve the problem or change anything!

We do need to continue to participate, as far as taxes etc. I believe, so I'm not suggesting a barter system that eliminates sales tax, I'm suggesting the idea that "currency" is simply used to exchange products or service.  It's the product or service that is the value and they need to be held in some sort of ratio standard.  The money and the tax is just the "equal sign of the equation" so to speak.  We need to assess the value of what our product or service is, compared to the things we cannot make or do for ourselves.

For instance, I don't have my own hay field, but the man who does, happens to have a wife and kids who like the soap I make.  He and I both still participate with currency, but the value of what we provide has it's own exchange rate.  It also works for donations as well.  Our local food pantry cannot accept home canned foods and fresh produce is impractical, but my soap is a welcome donation for two reasons.  One, it has an unlimited shelf life and two, it is an item that cannot be obtained with SNAP or WIC, so it's truly needed.

To this day, I'm sure I give away more books than I sell, but the words I was given to write were just that: given.  All I need to do is have a price for the book sellers to carry them, which of course raises awareness of the content.  Booksellers, sell books!  Authors can give them away . . .

Can you imagine if religious organizations actually operated as they did in the book of Acts?  If the congregation was large enough that the rabbi or pastor was needed every day, the congregation could actually practically and literally meet the needs of their "earthly leader" by providing housing, lodging, food, etc.  Years before the prosperity teaching, housing was actually provided, often, on the same property as the house of worship.

The economy of the Heaven's Kingdom doesn't have a debt ceiling and gold is merely pavement.  We have all been given at least one talent in which we can actually make a living and share in the abundance.  We are promised prosperity and abundance, but our Heavenly Father doesn't give His children things of no value.  His blessings are never without value, and He knows the American currency has no value.


No comments:

Post a Comment