Sunday, November 17, 2013

Presumption Cleaned Up

To be honest, even in the transition of realizing the currency and provision of the Kingdom of YHWH has no dependence upon American cash, I am still stumbling as I'm learning.  I had no idea how to fully apply the Torah teaching of giving "first fruits" to YHWH.  So, like most Americans, I wandered around in my ignorance, with the first check after payday being made out to the religious institution or ministry I was supporting.

Then came the agricultural reality of first fruits, and I got some of it figured out, but I'm still learning.  I have made a point of either providing the meat for a feast from the first of the flock, or if there is a financial need, selling a kid to provide for that, and then there is the fun of giving the first of the herd or womb to other TO believers starting their homesteads.  I've also given firstlings as a gift . . . with my latest book.

As for first fruits from the garden and orchard, my grandchildren and I have had such great special dinners in honor of YHWH's blessings and special prayers for said occasion.  Such a precious awareness this has become.  Of course, sharing the produce is great fun as well as gifting some of the canned goods, as well.  That has seemed a natural learning, if I can phrase it that way.  First fruits seems easy enough as applied to garden produce and Torah is very clear as to which livestock belongs to YHWH, even with Messiah as our sacrifice, so it was actually just a matter of finding recipients.

The latest revelation has come about 18 months after my presumptive offering.  I began a soap business in late 2011.  Immediately, when a sale was made, it went to a ministry toward a need.  I didn't even give it a second thought.  It's what is done!  Then I started another business, and the same thing took place.  I never even questioned or doubted my move, until . . . the government shut down, and even after applying the principle, it still took another month to understand it!

The first fruits of my business is not the money from the first sale!  And since I did it wrong, I'll take this moment to brag as well . . . It wasn't just a tenth of the first sale, it was the entire ticket of the first sale donated, but that wasn't the first fruits of my business.  The first fruits of my business was literally, the product itself!

Until this recent government shutdown, I hadn't realized how many people struggle to have "necessities" that are not covered in assistance.  People who are struggling to make ends meet, are so grateful for soap!  People who are struggling with pain or skin issues are often financially stressed or even socially embarrassed to ask, but are so thrilled to have natural remedies!  The synagogue doesn't need my soap, and the church facility doesn't need my products, but I do know the Food Pantries and the Street Ministries know where the need is and are able to distribute accordingly.

Once the light came on, it seemed so simple.  Of course . . . first fruits of the talents He's given us, is a tangible return and increase on the product of that talent!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment