Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stepping Into Our Creator's Plan

Believers of the Bible believe each individual was created with a plan and for a purpose.  The problem so many of us seem to struggle with is bringing our own plans into that.  I know in my life, even after I began following Messiah, it was easy for me to mix in some of my own plans along the way.  That of course, resulted usually in disaster but always in disappointment.   The plan of Elohim is perfect, and He doesn't need any of us meddling with it.

Can you imagine if Y'hshuwah took it upon Himself to improve YHWH's plan of redemption?  I can't speak for Messiah, but I sure know the details I'd have considered changing . . .  When considering the price that was paid at Calvary, our Heavenly Father truly asks so little of us.   We have been bought with a price and neither our time, nor our body is our own.  That means our will should align with the Father's rather than trying to convince Him of what we want or would like to see happen.

So often, the debates about what we need in this life and the definition of material blessing or even personal achievement take precedence over the simple prayer, "Thy will be done."  Several years ago, when I was getting married, my intended made the comment, "we need start making plans."  My response was, I think this is where we step into G-d's plan.  I mean he wasn't my husband . . . yet.  I had already made my vow before my Heavenly Father, and that had to be accepted that day or go our separate ways.  According to Torah, I was a single woman when I made the vow, and it could not be rescinded.  I didn't want it to be, anyway!

Now all these years later, even though I've still erred along the way trying to include those who want to change the plans, I've stood for what I know to be my Creator's plan for me.  It's unnecessary for anyone else to approve, it's His plan for me.  I've also learned the fewer plans I make for me, the more available I am to the Plan that has true Purpose.  Sometimes I feel sad, when I have to tell someone, "No, that isn't going to happen here."  The reality is, I would have nothing to share if compromise the plan.  I can't afford to make plans that impede The Plan of our Creator.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says YHWH, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Prophet of Holy Scripture - Jeremiah 29:11
For the gifts and calling of YHWH are without repentance.  Apostle of the New Testament - Romans 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment