Sunday, September 7, 2014

Unexpected Supply

Usually when unexpected funds come into my hands, I put them away for safe keeping until a need is made known.  About two months ago, some unexpected funds came into my hands, but at that same time the words I'd heard through morning chores back in April came into my spirit.  Considering the source of the funding, I knew Abba was reminding me of my mission.  In less than a week of this gifting and reminder, thoughts began pouring into my head, at very unexpected times.

Without going into dollar amounts here, I'd just like to share the opportunities for practical preparation that have arisen in the time frame of two months.  I check craigslist with fair regularity in the farm and garden section.  I was down to one guinea on the place, when I noticed a brand new listing.  That wasn't just any listing, however.   Upon arriving I noticed the solar panels, which opened the door to all sorts of interesting topics.  I learned a lot that day and took home a pen of guineas which are growing nicely with the last brood of chicks from the incubator.  As a matter of fact, in purchasing the guineas, there were several sizes of keets, and I was able to choose keets the same size as my chicks.  They are growing together and getting along famously.  Guineas are wonderful for natural tick control!

The reminder to take the plunge and purchase reusable canning lids came to mind quite intensely, and they arrived in days.  This is a real test of faith for me, in that I've never used them before and next year the land rests.  What is being preserved now, needs to be preserved properly, as there will be no garden planted next spring.  So far, so good!  Whether it's a collapsed economy or no buying and selling without the mark, there is a day coming in which organic homesteaders will need an alternative to disposable canning lids.

In the meantime, the hay has been abundant and I was presented with a wonderful opportunity to purchase it, in volume, and delivered straight from the field to this place.  The cost per bail was great, but it needed to be done when the opportunity was presented . . . Praise Abba, hay for the winter is already in place.

In the late summer, I always survey the herd and try to add some new blood, while that option is available.  I had already planned to purchase a new buck, but there are now three to choose from . . . At least one, possibly two will be gone by end of breeding season, but it will certainly offer the opportunity to keep many of the kids next year.  Also added are now three 2 year olds, and two doelings.  All of these new additions are headed in the direction of spotted, streaked and speckled . . .

The nudge, then became strong to make a significant move toward complete independence from the grid.  Now, here's where I may sound like the prosperity mess, and I don't mean to.  I'm not roughing it until I have to.  I have my wringer washer, but I am still using an automatic and I'd like to continue to do so.  I can cook over a fire, but I like my electric stove for now, and I have a wood-burner, but the heat pump is nice.  So, in figuring my daily use of electricity, an order was placed for a wind turbine that will meet that "current" use.  There was a great savings on solar panels as well, so that was a sizeable purchase, and yet, I still had funds . . .   There was a certain symmetry to using an unexpected "windfall" to purchase a turbine for wind power.

I was literally prepared myself, budgeting, and had been planning to use my own funds for these projects; although it certainly would have taken longer than two months!  In all the years of ministry, I've never had a problem with using my own funds for a project, as it all belongs to Him.  I've been very blessed in ministry to never have solicited donations.  By that same token, He has always provided what is needed and more, for what He's called me to do.  Even when I do use my own funds, He's the One who has provided!  I smile as I think, the time of the gathering must be getting close, as all of this is going into place so quickly.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of G-d;  II Corinthians 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment