Thursday, July 9, 2015

Glitches

A dear brother and I were talking a couple of weeks ago about what we thought could be expected here in the states.  We spoke of Operation Jade Helm 15, same sex marriage, judgment, and the warning of High Alert Terrorist's Threats the week-end of the 4th.  I told him, now that good is evil and evil is good,  I did think there was reason to suspect serious problems, but I expected various glitches to begin to occur that seem relatively innocuous, isolated, and just a temporary inconvenience.  I didn't really look for an overhead attack, but rather a crumbling from beneath.

The grounding of American Airlines seemed to be in line with my expectations.  I was also following a friend's journey and there were several glitches in his train travels . . . that seemed what I expected.  I wasn't expecting what happened, also today though, at least not on this scale.  The New York Stock Exchange went down for a few hours, claiming it to be a glitch.  The Wall Street Journal had issues, but what I heard in town today, threw me for a definite loop.  The US Mint will has ceased producing silver American Eagle coins

When I saw the price of silver posted outside a jewelry store, I stopped.  It's rather low right now.  They didn't have any silver American Eagle coins, or rounds, or junk silver coins for that matter.  He told me I could order whatever I wanted, pay for it today, plus shipping and he'd call me when they came in. Interestingly, he never mentioned the cessation of production, but simply stated they were back ordered.  I told him I'd think about it and left.

In these times were are living, I won't buy money!  Dollars and precious metals are an exchange only, for me.  I'm happy to exchange some dollars for silver, I would for gold too, if I could afford it, but alas . . . At any rate, I refuse to purchase precious metals that are on "back order."  I don't buy "certificates" of precious metal ownership, ether.  That is risky business.  Prepaying or just receiving a paper stating ownership seems no different than investing second hand in panning for gold or becoming part owner in a silver mine you've never seen.

I still didn't know the mint was not producing, but thinking my friend in town might have a bargain or two since prices were low, I went in to see him.  That's where I learned the US Mint isn't minting silver dollars at this time.  The fact that the mint is not producing for an indefinite period of time seems questionable in correlation with Shemitah, Operation Jade Helm 15, and the general heightened tension in this country.  This has raised some questions in my mind.

Are the powers that be hoarding the silver"  Or is there just none available?  Are our lenders getting ready to call in the note?  Is our currency about to be devalued further?  Is the government getting ready to call in precious metals like they did gold in the 30s?  Whatever the answer to any of these questions might be, it is clear we need to be ready for a potential major change to our current economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment