Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sharing is The Market Exchange

Time is the currency of the Kingdom, but sharing is the market exchange.   I have a wonderful example I'd like to share.  As we are establishing the new Section of the Goshen Gazette, the Executive Administrator and I began discussing the possibilities of "edible house plants" and various ideas.  I could hear her light up over the phone and she later messaged me about what kind of seeds I'd recommend.  I asked what she wanted to raise and I'd get back to her.

I knew with her experiment, there was no need to purchase regular quantities of seeds, as her "garden" space was limited and if she got heirloom seeds, she'd be able to plant in perpetuity, so I did a bit of checking and for the time being regular garden seeds that are not for sale ship easily in the US mail.  In a matter of a couple of days, she was excitedly planting her seeds, and in no time I received a photo of sprouts!  She had made the comment that I had sent more than she'd asked about.  That's something so special about the way YHWH created.  Most garden produce produces hundreds of seeds per plant.  One kernel of corn produces 2-3 ears with hundreds of kernels.  One tomato contains hundreds of seeds!  So, giving a few seeds to a friend creates no hardship or shortage.

The very next time the mail arrived after seeing that photograph, there was a small package.  It was from a friend on the other side of the country.  In it contained a family photo, with their little ones having grown dramatically, and . . . several envelopes of seeds.  There was absolutely no business or barter arrangement, just simply YHWH placing on the heart of each of us, the desire to share and encourage.

I never did "buy" that 100 fold increase to be applied to money, but I have seen it applied as Scripture states.  It is, literally, a harvest.  Our Creator doesn't need money, He just needs His people to realize what He promised to increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment