Sunday, September 22, 2013

What More Do You Need?

I was praying this morning as I was doing chores and telling Abba how I want to feel better and allow Him to renew my youth and well, putting plenty of "I" and "me" into my prayer requests.  I became aware of something that literally stopped me in my tracks.  I do chores every morning here in the Land of Goshen, so although it's refreshing and invigorating every morning and YHWH's mercies are new every morning, the tangible presences don't alter greatly.  That's when I suddenly saw things so clearly.

The garden is still producing, the orchard is growing nicely although still too new for harvest, the lane was covered in grapes and blackberries earlier this summer, the root cellar is full of jars, and the pasture is beautifully green and plentiful for the livestock.  Then, I noticed the livestock and the oak trees.  I saw it this morning with "bigger eyes!"

There is a variety of fruit available through the seasons, a plethora of vegetables, meat, eggs, dairy, and more freedom than most experience in a lifetime!  I've known I was here for G-d purpose, so spiritually, I've understood the responsibility as well as the provision.  I haven't always handled the responsibility as I should, and I've done some major repenting along the way, but when I took this information in, this morning, with all my senses, it became more tangible than it ever had been.

Everybody talking about G-d, says He provides, but do we really see that in physical detail, our emotional needs, and economic supply?  Today, I saw it all, right here.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I've got it all figured out, not at all.  What I saw about provision and plan is this truth.  The places in which I have lack, are the places I haven't accepted His provision or tried to do it my way!  As this came into view, I then heard a very simple question.  "What more do you need?"

YHWH is my shepherd, I shall not want.  This is a truth long after we memorize it in Sunday School and long before it's printed on the memorial folder for our funeral.  It's a truth and a fact throughout our lives, if we truly believe and accept.  My livestock don't have to go searching for my plan.  They don't have to discuss it amongst themselves, although I do think a few of them do conspire from time to time.  The livestock know my voice, and they know where the food and water is.  They have shelter, and they know their young will be protected.  I know each of their names and their purpose here in Goshen.  They trust me fully for all their needs.

As I contemplated that question,"What more do you need?" my mind was immediately reminded that I have added wheat to my plans for raising my own flour, and I'm blessed with a few acres of oak timber.  Not only do I have firewood for the winter, but brewing ground roasted acorns makes a beverage very similar in flavor to coffee.

I also realized this morning, as I'm heading off the grid with wind and solar power, although there was no sun for direct solar power for the well pump, the rain had filled all the water tubs, buckets, and watered the garden and orchard to perfection!  "What more do I need?"  As a child of YHWH in Messiah, I have no need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment