Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blessings

We, in America, have such difficulty separating our lives from our economic status.  I think that is one of the things that really caused me to feel so badly for the 98% and Occupy Wall Street Protest.  They are never going to be the One Percent, well maybe a few will win the lottery or inherit a million, but by and large, the 98% will remain the 98%.  What hit such a cord of sadness in me for them, is this is now how they define themselves.  Material wealth is no standard of measure in regard to the value of life.  I'm not saying the money we earn or what has been entrusted to us should be squandered, actually quite the opposite.

We can use money to bless others.  We can use money to invest.  We can also use money to prepare.  So basically, from an agrarian perspective, money is an implement.  I'm very grateful to have a tiller and a hoe, but they are not the end product, only implements for the purpose!   I'm learning more about seeds as I go and I've discovered a one time investment of $2.00 for a package has now provided me with 4 seasons of that particular produce, simply by leaving a couple of plants to harvest the seeds!  As for money to bless others.  Here's my thought.  I don't give away a great deal of money, although I do some.  Money is a great exchange for shipping products, as a matter of fact, the only one that is accepted currently.

I have discovered, also, that I can purchase items for donation that seem to really help more than cash.  I don't know if this is possible everywhere, but where I live, I can donate produce and eggs to food pantries, as well as the natural products from my business.  There are so many ways we are blessed and ways we can bless others beyond money and material things!  


No comments:

Post a Comment