Sunday, March 30, 2014

Words

Who knew there were so many commodities in the kingdom economy?  Our words are either liabilities or assets.  Social media has given me a gift, I greatly appreciate.  I have the gift of the delete button, because everything that flies through my head does not need to be said.   I'm not talking about rude or mean comments, and I don't use expletives, much less type them, but simply the awareness that everything going on, does not require my comment.  I would like to make this comment, however.  Social media needs an "agree" option, because some items of information I don't like, but I would acknowledge their validity.

Words do have value, and they also have a price.  A promise is words that come with the price of follow through.  An insult are words that come with a price of hurt and or repair.  Too much information, or TMI, as it's referred to, comes with the cost, usually with; regret of betrayal.  Scripture tells us our words have power of life and death.  That's power!  Since Scripture tells us words are recognized and valued positively or negatively in the kingdom, how are our power investments stacking up?  Will there be a stack of assets for the kingdom or a pile of liabilities?

When we evaluate the words we use, do we strive for eloquence or edification?  Do we use terms to come across as intellectually impressive or superior?  Or do we truly attempt to communicate with others?  Does our vocabulary change with our audience or crowd?   Does our tone and inference?  Some people do seem to have nearly two different languages, yet still in English.

If we conduct ourselves in every conversation as if we are either speaking with Messiah or representing Him, how will that affect our words?  Because if we claim to know Him, that is exactly what we're doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment