Sunday, March 16, 2014

Energy

I determined, early, very early this past Thursday morning that I am going to value the energy our Creator has placed within me and endowed upon me.  I really didn't realize what a commodity, energy truly is.  We quote many Scriptures about life, but too often we don't realize how we use our energy is how we live our life.

Frequently I ask YHWH to bless the work of my hands.  One of the first Scriptures I memorized as a child was Ecclesiastes 9:10  Whatsover thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.   I truly do attempt to do that in everything I do.  Half-hearted attempts, to me, are simply futile; a complete waste of energy and time!  For some time, now I've been able to see "time" as the currency of heaven, but in that, I'd overlooked "energy" as the means of the transaction.

Living requires energy.  Accomplishments require effort, and effort is the application of our energy.  Energy is not individually spiritual, mental, emotional, or physical, as every aspect of our being requires energy to function.  When spiritual energy is exhausted, we find ourselves mentally and physically drained.  Scripture tells us in Nehemiah 8:10, . . . the joy of YHWH is our strength.   If we focus on things outside of joy in our Creator, we will find ourselves literally energized by strong emotions, which take their toll on our mental and physical energy and ultimately our health.

The decision I made to value the energy, then became mathematical.  How am I going to invest this energy?  It was very easy as I considered the absolutely horrible waste of time and energy I had spent in a most useless dead-ended discussion.  I could say, I'd "fallen victim" to a rather disappointing situation a few weeks back, that I just couldn't bring myself to the obvious resolution, but that would be an inaccurate assessment.  I'll tell you what I did.

A few weeks ago, I spent a great deal of energy sorting through a situation and comment that really makes absolutely no difference in regard to my future, whatsoever, nor did it change the present . . . Actually, it brought closure to a time of disappointing confusion, but . . . I chose to spend energy continuing to sort.  I then, sadly, made a decision last Wednesday that was pure self-pity.  Self-pity is a truly, truly sad waste of energy.  I gave myself the birthday gift of a sad day.  After all, "it's my party, I'll cry if I want to."  I was wrong.  It wasn't my party, and I am not the author of my life.

Since that ridiculous day, I've rediscovered what I already knew and had been living by until the middle of last month.  Energy spent wisely actually increases the energy level.  Accomplishments completed actually inspire motivation and motivation is another word for mental energy.  Energy is a valuable commodity in the economy of the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment