Sunday, December 21, 2014

Energy

This issue has been addressed before here at the Goshen Gazette, but this time of year it bears repeating.  Many, many folks are just feeling drained, stressed, and exhausted.  Tis the season . . .  The days are short, the nights are long, and for most, the month outlasts the money.  As if those variables weren't enough, we humans seem to live to bring disharmony and share dysfunction, while calling it celebration.  We can wear ourselves out!

As I thought of the lifestyle I used to have, I am so thankful for the change Abba has brought.  I've known for years, when it comes to tithing on earnings, a person can do a lot more with a blessed 90% than with 100% in disobedience.  Now, I've applied that to time and energy as well.  We've discussed the daily time tithe, and to be honest, not all days go as abundantly as others, but I'm realizing this same principle applies to my energy!  The way I spend my energy completely determines my level of exhaustion or exuberance.

Before following Messiah, my career involved frequently being on call.  That translates to often working Sabbath, but definitely being available for work 24/7 some weeks.  I'm still available 24/7, but only 24/6 for business.  Sabbath is reserved for Abba, Y'hshuwah, and rest.  Sometimes I am blessed to fellowship and sometimes there is an ox in the ditch, but there are no plans of work and certainly no buying or selling.   That alone has made all the difference in my health.

As the pressures of holidays feel like a vice this coming week, be sure to take the time tithe with Abba.  Meet Messiah in "the garden" and be renewed.  Regardless of what you celebrate or don't celebrate, even the grocery stores have an anxiety buzz about them as shoppers prepare for gatherings, or simply choose to take advantage of a few sale items.  Stress is just higher this time of year, so energy wanes more rapidly.  Our Creator is the only source of renewed energy, and cutting oneself off from Him to embrace the traditions of man will actually be draining.

I have found myself starting to give into a few ideas of holiday dread, but as I realize what I'm doing, I determine in my heart and mind to walk out II Corinthians 10:4-5 with Philippians 4:8
 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through G-d to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of G-d, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Messiah;
    
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

It's amazing how many stressors simply fly out of my thoughts as I implement these passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment