Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Matter of Time

The other morning I awoke with "time on my mind," once again.  Some may have a better grasp on the concept of eternity than I do, but the idea of never ending time, really eludes me.  I do have a pretty good grasp of time in this life though and here in this country much of it is wasted, by Scriptural standards.  I'm not suggesting that anyone can earn their salvation.  This information is simply what I believe is the standard for which we should consider "whatsoever we do, do all to the glory of G-d."  Time is how we spend our life.  Are we spending wisely?  When everything that doesn't count for eternity is burned away, what of our time on earth will have brought Abba pleasure?

It's easy to get busy doing all sorts of things that have no purpose.  I think that is our national pastime!  As I consider the way I spend my time, I realize there is still much room for improvement.

I am of the group that believes the day begins at sunset, and that's about the time evening chores are finished.  I don't think I'm spending my evening time in a way that brings Abba pleasure and that needs to change.  I don't have a television, so I don't spend the evening watching shows, but it seems after chores, I just schlep around, doing this or that, but not really focused.  I want to be busy about my Father's work through every waking hour.  I'm thinking beginning the day in the evening with the Psalms and Proverbs sounds exquisite.  Then perhaps some research and development of product.  In reading the headlines, I'd say the remnant is going to be pulling away from mainstream medicine very soon, or at least should be.  I'm getting to the point in life that I do need at least six hours of sleep at night, and seven doesn't hurt a couple of times through the week.  Abba has been blessing me with quality communion time between 3 and 4 am.  It's quite precious.  The names of many of my friends and clients come up through that time.

Each morning begins with prayer, personal hygiene, coffee, devotion time, and chores.  Usually I'm up before dawn, so that's the order.  If I sleep in past sunrise, coffee and devotions come after I let the chickens out, but that also means I "spent" more time unconscious.  I'm pretty sure the prayer time and devotions do bring Abba pleasure.  It certainly makes my days go well.  As for tending to myself and the critters, that's the responsibility for the life in which I've been blessed.  It's easy for me to get busy and not get back to serious time in the Word through the week.  I pray throughout the day, and listen intently for His Voice, but I have a Bible study time that has not been well established in the afternoon.  It's been sort of hit and miss, and I want to change that.  Debating Scripture and interpretations on social media is not the same thing as genuinely studying to show myself approved unto G-d.

As I watch the growing concern about the very violent religion of Islam, I am also aware of their dedication and devotion to "their god."  That same time spent in devotion and dedication to my G-d who is love and above all gods is what I need.  I believe it's what all True believers need.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of YHWH.  I Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment