Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Balance Sheet

The gardening season is winding down and I'm aware of coming into a new season of life.  Not just autumn, not just the Holy Days, but the reality that life has forever changed around the world, and judgment is upon us.  Many of us have asked YHWH to judge us now, so we can repent before the day of judgment.  The passage in Daniel 5, of the handwriting on the wall, has been weighing heavily.

Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written. And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.  This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; G-d hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.  TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.  PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians. 

There is a balance sheet, and it's obvious to see, as a sovereign nation, we are divided, as well as finished . . . in many ways, but the part that keeps coming to my mind and heart, is that sentence about being weighed in the balance and found wanting.  I don't want to come up short in G-d's plan for me.  Because any shortcoming would be on my part.  I don't want to be found wanting before my Heavenly Father.  I want Him to show me the balance sheet, after His forgiveness.  I want to see what He has numbered for His people, specifically myself, and to do that.

The handwriting on the wall is clear for the direction our nation has chosen, but just like Daniel, the remnant still has work to do and visions to carry out or explain.  The balance sheet of YHWH does exist.  Y'hshuwah paid the price.  There is no need for anyone to be found wanting.  This world is a mess.  So many nations are at odds with each other and divided amongst themselves, and America is no exception.  We are simply the feet of iron mixed with clay of the dispersed Roman Empire.

Come out from among them and be ye separate.  Don't be found wanting!

No comments:

Post a Comment